Current Beauty Favorites
Hi all! Today I’m back with a current beauty favorites post. I have been enjoying and using several beauty items consistently over the past couple of months and wanted to share them with you. I don’t have a lot but they are all great products so keep scrolling down if you want to know my thoughts on them.
1. Re:NK Cream Cleansing Pink My mom gave me this cleanser back in Spring and I have been using it as my morning cleanser ever since. It is very gentle so it’s perfect to use in the morning. I tried using this to remove my makeup and it didn’t do the job very well, but if you are looking for a gentle cleanser that won’t irritate your skin, this is a good option.
2. Boscia Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil This is a rediscovered item. I had been using a cleansing oil my mom gave me for the past year and finally got tired of it so once I used it all up, I decided to purchase this Boscia cleansing oil again because I remembered really enjoying it. This oil does a great job of removing any makeup- heavy mascara, liquid lipstick, foundation, and the list goes on. I don’t have much else to say about it because it really does what it says it’s supposed to do! It’s amazing- try it!
3. Sachajuan Dry Powder Shampoo I received this in my Barney’s sample bag last Spring and oh boy, did I not like it at all. It felt so different than any of my other dry shampoos. It made my hair super sticky and heavy overall. And then a couple of weeks later, I started using it as a texturizing spray and I loved it! When I sprayed it close to my scalp, it felt too heavy for my liking but when I started using it for a different purpose, it totally worked. I spray it gently all over my hair and it gives a good amount of volume because it has a sticky texture, almost like a sea spray. I was sad that it didn’t work out as a dry shampoo but I’m glad to have found a new purpose for it.
4. Sabon Body Oil in Musk I love this product. I raved about this in a previous post featuring all Sabon products (read here). This body oil has a musky scent but not overpowering at all; it leaves a subtle aroma. The oil itself does a great job of moisturizing the skin. This isn’t one of those intense body oils that make you look like a grease ball. The oil is fast absorbed once put on and hydrates your skin, leaving a luxurious feel to the touch.
5. Kiehl’s Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque This mask is my go-to. What I love the most about it is that it’s not too harsh nor drying. I love clay masks but some masks are just too drying for me to the point where you can’t really make any facial expressions. If you do, your mask just ends up being cracked, possibly affecting your skin with premature wrinkles. Not the scenario we want at all. However, with this Kiehl’s clay mask, you never have to worry about it being completely dry. It feels comfortable on my skin. After washing it off, I’m left with noticeably smooth and brightened skin. Since it doesn’t irritate my skin, I put it on twice a week.
6. Stila Eye Palette in Soul I traveled a couple of times last month and this was what I brought with me. It’s an amazing palette to travel with because it’s essentially got all the shades I would ever need. It’s got mainly warm tones but has a few cool tones as well. The shades range from light to dark and I find it very versatile in terms of creating various eye looks. The pigmentation and lasting power are amazing.
7. Shiseido Anessa Sunscreen Amazing sunscreen that doesn’t make your face look oily. It’s super lightweight and feels like you’re putting nothing on your face. It leaves a satin finish and is definitely not a moisturizing sunscreen but for my oily skin, I find that this works great. The only downside is that it’s only available in Asia I think because I can’t find it anywhere here in the states. However, I have a very similar sunscreen from the same brand that I can recommend which is their Urban Environment Oil-free Sunscreen. This was my go-to sunscreen a couple years ago and it’s very very similar to the one I have here and has great reviews.
8. MAC Matchmaster Concealer This concealer originally belonged to my mom but when she realized that it was too dark for her skin tone, she passed it over to me. Generally, this would be too dark on me also but because I spent so much time in the sun this Summer, the color is now a perfect match for me. It’s slightly salmon toned so instead of using it as a concealer, I use it as a color corrector. I put it under my eyes, which become horrendously dark on some days, to cancel out the purpleness, and it works perfectly! I kind of love it more than the Bobbi Brown corrector. As for the coverage, it doesn’t completely cover up all blemishes but if you are looking for something light and natural looking, it might be worth checking this one out.
9. NARS Blush in Goulue This was a free gift for VIB Rouge members at Sephora. It’s more of a deeper tone like raspberry but still light enough to wear in the summer. It has a great color payoff so I advise that you use light hand with this. It also has just the right amount of shimmer, making your cheeks look glowy in a subdued way.